The DF240B is a tactical, man-portable Direction Finding (DF) antenna system with high sensitivity. The DF240B is used with DRT receivers to locate the source emitters for signals in the 100 MHz to 3000 MHz frequency range. Commutated DF is the standard method for most signals of interest, but this system can also perform Instantaneous DF (IDF) on short-duration signals.
The DF antenna connects to the DRT receiver using coaxial RF and control cabling. Two auxiliary RF connectors on the antenna allow it to be joined and used in concert with an optional
DF520 – Low Frequency Extender (LFE). The DF520 LFE option extends the low frequency range down to 20 MHz and improves performance in the 100 to 600 MHz range. The DF240B system includes an external top-mounted ultra-wideband omni antenna, a separate LFE Intercept Antenna with the DF520 option, an integrated electronic compass, and an integrated GPS antenna. The system is powered through the DRT receiver. It can be mounted in a variety of ways. The DF240B is weather-resistant for continuous outdoor operation and is water resistant to 1 meter for a period of 30 minutes.
- Tactical, Man Portable
- Broad Frequency Range: VHF, UHF
- Extendibile down to 20 MHz with LFE option
- Mapping and Geolocation
- Capable of tracking multiple targets
- DRT Receiver Compatibility
- DF on short-duration signals (IDF)
- Auxillary port for use with optional DF520 LOW Frequency Extender (LFE)
- Externally mounted omni Antenna
- Additional omni LFE intercept antenna with optional LFE
- Manpack, tripod, and vehicle mount standard. Can be adapted for airborne or shipboard use.